"TopDoc takes your privacy seriously. We've made our policy as clear as possible so you can rest assured that you're in good hands."
Last Updated on June 27, 2014.
1. Data that may be collected from you
We may collect and process the following data (“Personal Data”) about you:
- information provided by you in order to register for the website, topdoc.hk (“Site”) and in order to
use the services offered on the Site (“Services”), which may include, without limitation:
- your name, address, HKID card or passport number and contact information;
- medical and social history (such as the previous Providers you visited, your reason for visiting Providers, your date of visiting Providers, your medical history, and other medical and health information you choose to share with us);
- current medical needs; and
- other information that is either requested by us or volunteered by you;
- information provided at the time of posting material or requesting further services;
- we may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of any transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- keyword data; and
- any other information that you submit in the course of using the Site or the Services.
2. IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
4. Where TopDoc stores personal data
4.1 We will take reasonable steps to protect any Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction and generally shall comply with all applicable laws in Hong Kong relating to the protection of personal data.
4.2 The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect any Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4.3 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in Singapore.Amazon Web Services LLC.
12th avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144 - 2734 - USAhttp://aws.amazon.com/ We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is stored in accordance with all applicable laws in Hong Kong and Singapore.
5. Uses made of personal data
5.1 We may use Personal Data in the following ways:
- in aggregate anonymous form, to generate reports, recommendations, aggregate metrics and market insights;
- to retain details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- to respond to your requests;
- to personalise and facilitate your access to the Site and the Services;
- to develop records, including records of Personal Data;
- for analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve its products, services and content;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us and you;
- to protect our rights or property;
- to protect the health, safety or welfare of others;
- to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, court orders or other legal processes;
- for marketing purposes, such as to provide you with information, products or services that you have requested or which we feel may interest you, including information about the services provided by us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services, when you have chosen to do so; and
- to notify you about any changes to the Site or the Services.
5.2 We may also permit selected third parties including PR, Marketing, Clinics and Insurance firms to use your Personal Data (including name and contact details) for the purpose of marketing their products and services to you, including TopDoc services, body checks, insurances, ...
5.3 We will first obtain your consent before using your Personal Data for marketing purposes, whether by ourselves or by selected third parties.
5.4 You may give such consent in the following ways:
- when providing us with Personal Data through the Site or an online form, ticking boxes indicating your consent; or
- when providing us with Personal Data in person or by telephone, verbally giving consent to our representative, provided that where the Personal Data is to be used by third parties, you may only give consent as set out in Clause (a).
5.5 You may opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time in the following ways:
- following the opt-out instructions contained in the marketing communications;
- contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- updating your email subscriptions at Unsubscribe.
6. Disclosure of personal data
6.2 We will not sell, exchange or publish the Personal Data, with the following exceptions:
- TopDoc may disclose Personal Data to its affiliates;
- TopDoc may disclose Personal Data to third parties:
- in the event that it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case it may disclose Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if TopDoc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it will be one of the transferred assets; or
7. Your rights
7.1 You have the right to request that we do not process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting the Personal Data) if we intend to use such Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose such Personal Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect the Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:TopDoc Ltd.
Unit 518, Level 5, Cyberport 3 (Core F), 100 Cyberport Road, HK
7.2 This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follows a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting any Personal Data to these websites.
8. Access to personal data
You may request access to or the correction of Personal Data held about you by contacting us at:TopDoc Ltd.
Unit 518, Level 5, Cyberport 3 (Core F), 100 Cyberport Road, HK
10. Contact us
Last Updated on May 13, 2014.